Following a Big Lottery three year development grant to the organization, we are recruiting for a Development Worker. We welcome job share applications. The deadline for completed applications is the 27th September 2017, and the interviews will be on Friday 29th September. If you are interested, please write to Caroline ffrench Blake at email@example.com for the application form. All applications to be made online.
Development Worker (job share applications welcomed)
The aim of the post is to implement our new development project ‘2020 Vision’
Essential for this post:
Extensive knowledge of the Albanian speaking community in London, and experience of working closely with it.
Knowledge and experience of working in project development.
The organisation is currently located in offices near to Swiss Cottage Underground Station, but will be moving into Islington or another central London location as soon as premises can be found.
The Role of the Organisation
The organisation was established in 1998 as Albanian Youth Action. In 2006 it entered a new phase as British Albanian Kosovar Council.
The organisation is committed to delivering the following services:
- Support to refugee families and delivery of targeted family support projects
- Youth work including sport, arts and cultural projects in schools
The post is funded by the Big Lottery until October 2020. The post has a salary of £33,477 per annum. If a job share is arranged the salary will be split between the two post holders.
The Development Worker will be part of a small staff team and will be responsible to the CEO.
- To develop the Organisation, and programs in response to identified needs within a strategic approach over a three year period.
- Develop and run a variety of youth programmes.
- To follow sound systems for the smooth running of the organisation including internal and external policies such as : Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, sessional staff and volunteer supervision and support.
- Recruit, co-ordinate and support volunteers.
- To manage systems to ensure the smooth running of the office, and work with the finance officer to manage invoices and receipts.
- To liaise with the CEO to arrange regular office events such as Management Committee meetings, away days etc.
- To hold and attend regular planning and development meetings.
- recruiting, supporting and managing sessional staff.
- To develop and maintain a database of the community.
- To be responsible for updating information on the website and Facebook as necessary.
- To produce information and other materials through word-processing or desktop publishing.
- To deal with enquiries and correspondence.
- To follow established systems of monitoring and evaluation on a regular basis.
IT and Equipment Maintenance
- To liaise with external IT support staff.
- To maintain an up-to-date inventory of office equipment, software and licences.
- To maintain all stationery supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Fluent written and spoken Albanian and English
- Experience of working in a caring profession
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing, databases and spreadsheets
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage a demanding work schedule
- Flexible approach and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Capable of maintaining confidential information
- Familiarity and sympathy with the problems of refugee and asylum seekong communities in the UK
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Willingness to undertake training, and an enhanced DBS check
- Experience of recruiting and supervising sessional staff and volunteers
- Commitment to working in the voluntary sector
- Extensive knowledge of the Albanian speaking community in London, and experience of working closely with it
- Knowledge and experience of working in project development
- Knowledge and experience of community research
- Knowledge and experience of the media eg radio, film etc
This forum will focus on the ‘trade and investment climate in Albania and Kosovo’. This forum will be showcased by Albanian and Kosovan government officials who will present the fundamental guidelines that you need to know if you wish to invest in these two countries and investment opportunities that Albania and Kosovo offers to investors. This will be a unique opportunity for the Albanian diaspora here in the UK to engage with the government officials as all of you will be able to participate in Q&A session.
Kosovo signed a Stabilization and Association Agreement with the EU in 2015, and the country’s geographic location at the heart of the Balkans makes it well-placed to access opportunities in the region. Kosovo was one of only four countries across the continent to record positive growth rates during every year of the financial crisis of 2008–12, averaging 3.7 percent, and is on-track to achieve a similar level of growth in 2017.
Albania has also become one of the most attractive investment destinations in south-east Europe with the Government of the Republic of Albania offering tax benefits and incentives to businesses in key sectors and actively encouraging foreign direct investment with a supportive legislative framework. Geographically, it sits at a nexus of several European trade corridors and there is huge potential in the infrastructure being developed to service these.
Drinks and light refreshments will be provided.
Today in an informal meeting with members of the Kosovo Parliament, the members of “Vetvendosje”, – founder and the CEO of BAKC gave a short history of organisation, activities, projects and plans for the future.
We discussed the problems and difficulties faced by Kosovan migrants to UK during visits home, ranging from queues at border crossings, bureaucracy, repairs to roads and squares precisely at the time of holidays etc.
Members of Parliament informed us on, on-goings in Parliament and the general situation in Kosovo, some of the points in the VV political program and plans for the future.
Sot në një takim joformal me anëtarë të Parlamentit të Kosovës, e pjesëtar të “Vetvendosje”, – – themeluesja dhe CEO e BAKC i njoftoi ata me historinë, aktivitetet, projektet dhe planet e organizatës joqeveritare për të ardhmen.
U diskutua edhe për problemet dhe vështirësitë në të cilat hasin mërgimtarët gjat vizitave në vendlindje duke filluar nga pritjet në kufi, burokracinë, punimet në rrugë dhe sheshe pikërisht në kohën e pushimeve etj.
Anëtarët e Parliamentit bënë me dije ecurinë në Parlament dhe përgjegjësisht situatën në Kosovë si dhe disa pika nga programi politik i VV e plane për të ardhmen.
The Kosovo Diaspora Ministry in partnership with the Kosovan Embassy in London organised the Week of Albanian Culture in Great Britain.
Tonight – Embassy Festive Concert 2016 – Trio Vivo (Lejla Pula – Piano, Besa Llugiqi – Soprano, Enkelejda Zajmi Gorani – Flute)
Refugees Welcome by Alketa Xhafa-Mripa
18.00-20.00, Room 34
Alketa is an artist originally from Kosovo and her ongoing Refugees Welcome installation, a Counterpoints Arts commission, is a safe and welcoming space for conversations, memories of artist’s own welcome to the UK and questioning of support and welcome that exists today.
Kosova Embassy in London Hosts Mother Teresa Lecture
In anticipation of the canonisation of the Blessed Mother Teresa on September 4, 2016 by His Holiness Pope Francis, the Embassy of Kosovo in London will organise a lecture entitled “How do you study a charismatic saint like Mother Teresa? A sociological perspective” by Dr Gëzim Alpion, University of Birmingham, a foremost scholar of Mother Teresa.
The lecture will take place on Thursday, 9 June 2016, from 18.00 at the Embassy of Kosovo in London, 8 John Street, WC1N 2ES. It will be followed by a drinks reception.
Here at Cambridge International Examinations we work with ministries of education around the world, helping them to reform their education systems. (See http://www.cie.org.uk/cambridge-for/ministries-and-exam-bodies/ for more information about our work.)
We are currently working on a project to support reform of Maths and Science teaching and learning in Macedonia. As part of this project, we are endorsing Maths and Science textbooks that have been adapted from English language textbooks to match the Macedonian context and translated into Macedonian, Albanian, Serbian and Turkish.
We are looking for Albanian speakers who would be able to help us with our review of the Albanian translations of these textbooks. The work is likely to involve a combination of sense-checking the suitability of the Albanian translations for young children and checking them against the English versions of the textbooks. The right person will:
- be a native Albanian speaker
- have very good English skills (especially in reading and writing)
- ideally have experience of teaching Maths or Science
- ideally have experience of teaching primary school children (particularly Grades 4-6)
- be available for 3-4 days of work (working from home) in the first half of July
If you or someone you know would be interested in this opportunity, please email a CV to me at Beverley.P@cie.org.uk by 1 May. Once we have identified suitable candidates, we will provide further details of the work, including the fee.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Development Manager, Curriculum Projects
Cambridge International Examinations
1 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EU, United Kingdom
We prepare school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
In parership between:
Mayor of Camden, BRITISH ALBANIAN KOSOVAR COUNCIL, 3FF, JW3, Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, Islamic Society of Britain, UK Jewish Film, Rumi’s Cave, Mitzvah Day, Faith Matters, Radical Middle Way.
Two screenings of the powerful “Besa The Ducumentary” took place.
The powerful Besa Documentary tells the story of Albanian Muslims saving Jews during the Holocaust and a “promise” that goes from one generation to another.
Amongs VIP’s attending were HE Mal Berisha The Albanian Ambassador in London and HE Lirim Greicevci Ambassador of Kosova
In his speech HE Mal Berisha said that Albania/Kosova were the only country that saved not only native Jews but offered refuge to other Jews fleeing from persecutions.
Albanians/Kosovars risked their own lives to protect Jews.
A declaration “call on all leaders to join us in condemning unequivocally antisemitic, anti-Muslim and xenophobic speech and actions” on behalf of BACK was signed By Caroline Ffrench Blake.
Eshte fundi i vitit te 4 per Bakc dhe mbreme ishte Ceremonia e 14 e radhes qe BAKC organizoi. Me te vertete ishte nje experience fenomendale me te gjithe juve me plote vlera junkie , me plote dashuri me plote njohuri e me plote ide , e me bukura ishte ajo qe te gjitha e kishim nje qellim , e ajo ishte Familja dhe femijet tane me te dashur. Gjate kesaj rruge nuk ka munguar asnjemoment perkrahja e te te gjithe familjareve, kolegeve, dhe mbare komunitetit, e mos te harrojme femijet tane te dashur me plote energji e suksese. BAKC falenderone te gjithe per pjesmarrjen dhe ju deshirrojme sukese te metutjeshme, ishte kenaqesi te punojme se bashku drejte nje qellime plote vlere e dashuri.